Friday, August 1, 2008

Playmates

My time at home with Corinne this summer is about to come to an end. Honestly, it has been a challenge and an adjustment for me to keep her entertained and socialized as well as occupied while I attempted to get stuff done at home. Going back to daycare will be bittersweet. She is really asserting herself as the 'two's' begin to settle in. Roman and I agree that we're going to have to get tough with her now. We'll have to endure some screaming tantrums. Ah, lovely.

While Corinne seems to have a strong will, she isn't overly obstinate about getting her way. I'm learning the art of letting her think she's getting her way :-)

Corinne's favorite playmates are the dogs. She loves to hug and kiss all over them. They love her mealtimes. I loved watching the two of them playing (and, ahem, sharing) Corinne's snack. Just for a quick translation, Corinne is calling 'Ah-ee, Ah-ee' which is her version of 'Chloe.'

We can no longer enjoy the computer by ourselves now. When she gets really quiet, I get worried. Here's where I found her the other day:

The young navigator

Just chillin'


There is no shortage of books at the house, and she loves to curl up with a book either by herself or with us.

Enjoy the weekend!

1 comment:

Derek said...

Ah-ee, Ah-ee. So cute. What a great dog too.

DR