Saturday, April 4, 2009

It's a.....BOY!

Heee's here!!!! Samuel Carver Crumpton arrived right on time Thursday, April 2 weighing in at 7lb 5oz. We are so fortunate to have everything go so well for us. His birth was eerily similar to Corinne's, occurring very quickly with a short stay at the hospital following.

Currently, Sam, or Samuel (NOT SAMMY, please), is experiencing elevated bilirubin levels (slight jaundice) but does not look to be of much concern. He's been pounding the boob (he's an eater like his big sis), and has been doing very well. He's got a pretty good set of lungs but we rarely hear them 'cause he's quite content. I know, I know enough of the chit chat, here are the photos.
Yep, That says "7 pounds five-point-4" ounces



I would've come earlier but I had things to do...


Mostly what I do is sleep


Have you ever seen a mother look so good after labor?


Proud Papa with 'wide awake' Sam


I must say give a HUGE THANK YOU!! To Jane and C.E.. Jane has been in town for a couple of weeks since Mel's first series of contractions which turned out to be false labor. We put her to work though doing laundry, cooking, and making sure the freezer was stocked with cookies and ice cream and the liquor cabinet with bourbon-THANKS!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Sam!!
Congrats to all. So happy for you.
How does Missy Corinne like the baby?

Aunt Angie and Uncle Murray said...

Congratulations on giving me my first nephew, Ro and Mel ;-) That video of Corinne meeting Sam is PRECIOUS. Mel, you looked great RIGHT after delivering!!

Enjoy him and your new Crumpton, family of 4!

Love, A.A. and Uncle Murray
P.S. Tell Sam his 5th Great Grandfather was named Samuel Shannon (Irish)

Dad said...

WOW Everyone looks amazing!! Wish we could all get together. Love ya all. We will get him Cat Cal wear. Laura and Steve

Brooke said...

So Awesome!
I love the video of Corinne...can't believe you actually picked her up (just hours after birth) Iron Woman Mel!
Congrats!
Brooke

Anonymous said...

Melanie!!! How wonderful! Sam is beautiful! I love the video-it brought tears to my eyes. CONGRATULATIONS!!! -the Fontanas