Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow!

It doesn't happen very often. Snow in the South. Friday evening, Feb. 12, Charleston was blanketed with roughly 2-3" of snow. The town shut down Friday afternoon. I almost woke Corinne up to have her watch it. Looking back, I wish I had. But she got to enjoy it! Yes, the picture here is dark because it's morning at our house.

Roman let me sleep in Saturday morning until 7am. When I came out for a cup of Joe, this image greeted me.

Now, I know that Charleston winters aren't arctic by any stretch, but we've really had a cold winter here. The weatherman spouted trivia that from January 1st to Feb. 16th last year, Charleston had about 11 days around 70 degrees. The year before it was 6 days. This year: none. The thin-bloods down here have really been whining. I have to say that I love it. I love the cool to balance the sultry summers that usually cling to the fall and winter months.

Lame excuse for a snowman, but I wanted to hurry up and sit inside enjoying the snow while sipping my coffee.
Brrrrrrr!

No comments: