Tuesday, January 23, 2007

2 weeks old

Things are still progressing for Corinne and family. The day following her first doctor's appointment last week she had what seemed to be an eye infection. I thought "isn't that great, her first visit to the doctor's office (a known vector for disease) she catches a bug." Well, it was nothing to worry about- just a blocked tear duct. We denied her food for a day, until the crying was so intense that the build up of tears in that eye forced their way through the little gland. Just joking, a few warm water rubs and she was fine.


Chris and Betty Ann DiSilvestro (Mel's aunt and uncle) stopped by this weekend to not only see little Corinne, but also to get away from the daily grind for a day. It was short, but very welcomed visit.

Speaking of the daily grind, daddy went back to work full time today. I also worked at the Cafe on Sunday showing off pics of my beautiful daughter to my weekend regulars. I recently have entered the 21st century by purchasing a video ipod. It was pretty funny seeing some of these folks attempting to use the device. "just touch it to the right" I'd explain. Inevitably, they could not figure it out and the screen would "time-out' before they could figure out what I meant. Crazy technology! Mostly, I was just worried that they may find some of the downloaded videos i dont want anyone to see;)-just kidding, I haven't figured out how to download videos yet;-)

Finally, in all of our sessile activities since Corinne's emergence, Melanie and I realized how crappy our Cable TV package was. It was called "Baby basic" when we ordered and basically it just insured that we received all of our network channels with good reception. The premium channels in this package were QVC, Hallmark and Oh! (as in Oh my god this really sucks). So we decided to upgrade. Coincidentally the upgrade occurred just in time to avoid our fearless leader's spin on the state of our country. Rumor has it he won't mention Iraq-Hmmmm, I wonder why?

1 comment:

Derek said...

Uncle Dude, your brother-in-law is happy you all upgraded your cable! Now we can all fall asleep even earlier than 9pm when we come visit.

DR