Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Blast from the Past

Once again we cannot seem to escape the illness floating around. Corinne left daycare on Friday with a fever which prohibited us from visiting the newest addition to the family, cousin Tess. Derek and Amy are the proud parents of a darling little girl, born Feb. 7 (sorry I'm a little late on the announcement, but Derek has some great updates on The Rutledge Farm). Congratulations, Rutledges! We were sooo looking forward to hanging out with all of the little ones, but it seems their household wasn't any healthier. Maybe next time.

The Rutledge Clan
Amy, Derek, Tess, Owen, and Gus (and the baby jaguars)

The Newest Star of the Show
Tessa Lane Rutledge

Hang in there, baby T...hope you are over the congestion soon.

I got a phone call Tuesday evening from someone claiming to be a 'blast from my past',a fellow Glasgow graduate. So, I'm thinking, 'who in the world?!' It was Scott Welborn in from LA! How cool that he called and wanted to get together. He has been in visiting a friend who is from Charleston. We met up tonight at Folly Beach for some fun in the sun and a few cold drinks. Scott is doing great as a set designer. I felt as if it was the 80s again, and I'd just seen him at school yesterday. It was so good to see you, Scott. You look fabulous. Congratulations on your successes!

We're singing the alma mater. Haha, yeah right!


Corinne gets into the fun.

Check out my new molars! If you look closely, maybe you can see my tonsils, too.

I'm getting tired of waiting for that cheese quesadilla!


Corinne loves to ride her scooter. Occasionally she rides it the correct way, but this way she gets to sit on all of the buttons sothey all go off at once. Uh, kleenex, anyone?


Next week Corinne starts full time in the toddler room. She's been spending a lot of time over there getting acquainted these last few weeks. She'll start on a new routine, specifically one nap a day. I'm anxious to see if they'll be able to have our Corinne lay on a mat (not confined) and actually sleep for 2 hours. How could you not trust this face? Hmph.


I'm off to my librarian conference tomorrow. It will be the first time I've ever spent the night away from Corinne. Am I sad about this? Um, can you say jacuzzi? Bottle of wine? Ok, maybe not a jacuzzi, but I'll pretend. Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments: