Sunday, March 23, 2008

Meet Maren

We finally meet! I mentioned earlier that my cousin, Jane Layton, adopted a Guatemalan girl whom she named Maren (pronounced like Karen with an 'M') who is only a month older than Corinne. We've been hearing so much about what a sweet, tentative child she is. This picture says it all. Could you gobble her up or what?!

Upon our first meeting she didn't venture too far from her mama, but the little sparkle in her eyes said that it wouldn't be long before she broke loose to play with us.


Jane Layton and Maren Benedict

I recently read about the socialization of 14-15 mo old children mainly because Corinne just completed her first week at daycare in the toddler room. (We've been promoted, folks!) Evidently, children of this age will play alongside each other but are not necessarily interested in playing with each other. I'm glad I read up a little because we've been dying to get the cousins together and now our expectations wouldn't be too high.


They definitely cased each other out in the infamous Rutledge Playroom, home of every toy made from 1971-1975 (lead free and still working!).

BFF!

By the time they left, Maren actually ran over to me, arms open wide. I was pure pudding inside. She granted me a hug which was more than I'd hoped for in our first meeting. Maren grows more secure each day and delights us all with her dancing and ear to ear grins. We plan to see quite a bit of Miss Maren during our Easter visit.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a doll Maren is. It is so nice Corinne is going to have so many cousins her age!

Aunt Angie