Saturday, July 31, 2010

Charleston Stay-cation

I love vacationing in our own hometown. Usually when Pappy and GJ visit, it's a working visit for everyone as we scramble to keep the kids, get to work, fix the house, and squeeze in QT where we can. The spring rains around Kentucky and Tennessee ruined Pappy and GJ's basement, so they are in the middle of home renovations, i.e. there's no 'play room.' We switched gears from our usual KY visit to a Charleston Stay-cation. With nowhere special to be, we did the beach, water park, children's museum, pirate park, movie theatre, and just about every restaurant in the vicinity.

Corinne warmed her gj's heart with the latest addition to the area: 'the hot dog restaurant', Jack's Cosmic Dog. No child or gj should be denied the experience. :)

Sam and Pappy polish off the guacamole at Taco Boy

Mom and I thought it would be awesome to take Corinne to her first movie, Toy Story 3. She was only a little squirly and only asked to leave a few times. My girl just doesn't do movies. She stuck it out, though. There was no way I was leaving without finding out the fate of Woody and friends! Good thing I brought along my kleenex!

Roman and Pappy tried to outsmart the local fish.

As always, we had a fabulous time. Every visit, I feel like I'm ten again when they leave; I have to keep myself from running after the car for just one more hug!

Love and miss you guys. Thanks for everything!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Melanie! We had a W-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l time! We love and miss all of you too! gj

Derek said...

Looks like you all had a great time -- great pix.

Our movie theater got a little dusty at the end of Toy Story 3 as well. Thank goodness for 3-D glasses.

Cheers,
Uncle D

chic Gucci shirts said...

post one!